Saturday, January 3, 2015

Navigate 4.1.1 Trend Impact: Mobile Learning

[Image Source]

If you would have told me years ago that my Nokia 6110 cell phone was the future of education, I might have laughed you out of the room.  Yet, in my 21st Century classroom mobile learning has quickly become more than a trend... it is the norm.  Whether taking notes during class, accessing documents from my course website, using a study app, or playing the latest trivial pursuit-like game, my students devices have become a natural extension of their learning.

As a teacher I have also embraced mLearning.  I use my iPad daily and have it equipped with amazing apps that I honestly don't know that I could live (or teach) without... Zipgrade & Remind to name a few!  I also use my personal phone to access Gmail, Google Drive, and Twitter (@CricketButler) within the context of my professional role as an educator and have even completed the bulk of my TOOL experience on my iPad.

Needless to say, I believe that mLearning is the present trend in education that will continue to evolve and shape the face of eduction and elearning for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment