Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Create 1.1.1 Time Management

[Image Source]

If time is of the essence, then the management of that time is essential.  As someone with a sound work ethic and a Type A personality, time management and productivity is important to me.  While I have adopted a number of time management practices over the years, I am always looking for the next great tool to help me be as productive as possible.

Below are 5 Tools for Time Management, all of which are tried & true and have my personal stamp of approval.

1. Old Fashion Pen & Paper To-do List
Although I know there are a large number of apps and websites that are geared toward creating amazing lists, I rely on my hand-written to-do list.  There is nothing more gratifying than marking through a task upon its completion and keeping track of my priorities.  #personal #professional

2. Online Stopwatch
I am very detail-oriented and often times find myself lost in a project for hours.  In order to compensate this habit, especially when I need to manage my time and get things done quickly, I use a timer.  My go-to timer is the built-in clock on my phone; however, I also use online stopwatch in my classroom to help instill time management in my students.  #professional

3. Hootsuite
I like using Hootsuite to manage my personal and professional twitter accounts, as well as the chats that I like to follow/participate in.  I've been using Hootsuite for about a year now and have found that if I limit my time on twitter to about 15 minutes, I can schedule tweets and continue twitter conversations without wasting unnecessary amounts of time that could be used doing something more productive.  #personal #professional

4. Google Forms
Gathering information is a time consuming practice.  In the classroom, Google Forms is a time saver for sharing and collecting information from students and parents.  Whether a simple parent survey or a complex student assignment, Google Forms are easy to build and all the information is compiled into a spreadsheet in your Google Drive.  #professional

5. Spotify
I enjoy playing music in the background to fit my mood and to help me complete my tasks... upbeat playlists for when I need an extra pep in my step or instrumental scores for when I need to slow things down.  Although spotify is not a 'time management' app, it's organized playlists and easy search features make it my go-to mobile jukebox.  Oh, and its free! #personal #professional

2 comments:

  1. Wow thats really amazing I have heard a new app what is spotify this app is great and I have started looking at it.Thanks for the help and suggesting the matter I will go forward with it.Keep publishing and writing new article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using this app GOM Player Apk and downloaded and playing it regularly.

    ReplyDelete