Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Evaluate 3.1.2 Self-Reflection on Teaching Abilities

This blog is a culmination of all that I've learned as part of the GAVS #eTeacherTOOL Training.  The final step toward my Pursuit of a Classroom in the Cloud is to showcase my teaching abilities within the lens of the virtual classroom.

Looking back over my eight years of teaching in a brick-&-mortar classroom I am grateful for the opportunities I've had to develop my craft and to share with my colleagues in the process.  To expand and enrich my own professional development, I have given number of professional presentations that focus on my passion for tech integration to better engage our 21st Century students.  I am also thankful that I have been on the front end of the EdTech Revolution and have wholeheartedly embraced technology as an indispensable part of my classroom.









In my own #6wordmemoir I express that I was born to teach, live for creativity.  I believe this is at the heart of my teaching as I was always drawn to the profession (even as a little girl) and have a passion for presenting my content in an innovative way.  I am appreciative that my teaching and creativity was recognized in 2013 as I was named the Eastside Social Studies Department Teacher of the Year and in 2012 as a Snapping Shoals Grant Winner for my flipped classroom initiative: Bringing the History Classroom into the 21st Century.


The greatest indicators of my abilities as a virtual teacher are in my digital interactions with students.  Not only do I utilize numerous EdTech tools in my classroom on a regular basis- remind, signupgenius.com, and google sites to name a few- but I am confident in my ability to create engaging digital artifacts and to interact with my students in an online setting.


In all, I am excited about opening a new door in my teaching career as I pursue my own classroom in the cloud.  It is my sincerest hope that I can continue to live out my #6word memoir within the virtual community of GAVS.  Born to teach, live for creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment