Monday, January 19, 2015

Evaluate 1.1.2 Quality Feedback

To show the expectations of quality feedback, I've linked a document I created at the beginning of the school year to discuss with my APUSH students the process of writing Short Answer Questions. 

As a summative assessment, students wrote a series of two Short Answer Questions.  After grading and providing individual feedback, including both areas of strength and weaknesses, I created this document.  The purpose of the document was to provide student samples that meet and exceed the S.A.Q. expectations.  By providing students with individual and class feedback, I was better able to clearly communicate specific steps that students can take in order to continue to improve their APUSH writing skills.

Although this example of feedback was based on an assessment conducted in a brick-and-mortar classroom (hence the hand-written responses), I would definitely use the same process in a virtual classroom.


 Follow this link to see the entire Short Answer Debrief on Google Drive: 

No comments:

Post a Comment