Saturday, January 3, 2015

Navigate 3.2.1 Tools for Deciding on an LMS

[Image Source]
Working through the TOOL Navigate module, I have learned and shared much about Learning Management Systems.   The question left is not whether to use an LMS... the question is which LMS is the right fit for your needs?

Yet, after additional research of the LMS market I am not necessarily closer to an answer.  The optimal LMS for any organization is subjective and based on the specific needs of the institution, teachers, and students.  It is also based on any number of additional factors including: price, available tools, tech support, etc.

Personally, I have experience working with a few Learning Management Systems in various capacities.  First, Moodle and then Edmodo for my own classroom, both in limited scope as our school system switched to and mandated the use of MyBigCampus.  Also, I became very familiar with Desire2Learn as part of my online gifted endorsement through the University of North Georgia and schoology as part of my TOOL experience.  In all, I have the most experience with Moodle and if I had to personally choose an LMS for my own brick-and-mortar classroom, I would navigate there once again.  I especially like the tools, features, and course customization it offers.

Still, the task of choosing the right LMS for any institution is a big undertaking.  So to assist in the decision, I curated a Top 5 List for Learning Management Systems that are popular in the K12 market and that I am personally familiar with.  Some are open source, others are commercial... but all are good choices for teachers and schools.

  1. Moodle
  2. Edmodo 
  3. Schoology  
  4. Blackboard 
  5. Brightspace, formerly Desire2Learn
 *The LMS listed above are not in any particular order.  Happy LMS Hunting!

4 comments:

  1. This google frp bypass apk is supportable to almost all android devices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to Stream vlc renderer An Step-by-Step Guide to Casting from VLC to Chromecast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sri Lanka is very developed in terms of tourism. Anyhow, not only tourism but as a nation, Sri Lanka requires a massive attitude shift in many fields to have a sustaining economy as a whole country.Sri Lanka Tourism

    ReplyDelete